Amazon & BAE Systems among speakers at 2021 Silverstone Technology Cluster Conference
17 September 2021
Senior figures from online shopping giant Amazon’s Web Services division and BAE Systems will be amongst the guest presenters and speakers at next month’s Silverstone Technology Cluster (STC) Annual Conference.
Rob Hodges and Stephanie de Albuquerque, Digital Innovation Lead and Territory Manager at Amazon Web Services, have both been confirmed as speakers, as has Susan Addison, procurement Director for BAE Systems.
The line-up will also include business leaders from the major tech networks based across the Oxfor to Cambridge Arc – the STC recently became one of nine networks to announce they are working together as a ‘Super Cluster’ to give the business community a credible voice in the government’s shaping of the region.
Speakers confirmed to date are:
• Toni Harrison, Oxford Innovation Ltd
• Richard Foster-Fletcher, MKAI
• Tony Jones, One Nucleus
• John Gourd, Cambridge Network
• Rob Hodges & Stephanie de Albuquerque, Amazon Web Services
• Susan Addison, Procurement Director, BAE Systems
• Denica Lundberg & Sheena McDermott, Be the Business
• Andrew Lewer, MP for Northampton South
• Shai Vyakarnam, entrepreneurship/business scale-up mentor & author
The STC has also hinted at some of the big topics it aims to cover for businesses with a series of expert panels/workshops during the Conference, entitled:
• Collaboration across the ‘Super Cluster’ – the Oxford to Cambridge Arc opportunity
• Climate challenge – where do you fit in?
• STC – looking ahead
STC CEO Pim van Baarsen has already said the Conference “will be an event with a difference”, with a priority being placed on engagement between panellists and the audience.
The Conference, a key fixture on the UK’s tech business calendar, takes place at Horwood House Hotel near Milton Keynes on Tuesday 5 October, in association with founding member MEPC Silverstone Park.
In addition, STC Board members EMW and Hexagon, as well as Beckhoff, are event partners. Further support comes from STC members Additive-X, Altair and Tecadec.
CLICK HERE for further details and to register.