11 September 2019
Jon Hilton, former President of IMechE and now MD of Silverstone Park-based company Lunaz Design, will be guest speaker at the estate’s next business networking event (Mon 7 Oct).
Jon, who is also a Silverstone Technology Cluster ambassador, will talk about his career to date.
This will include insights into his work in Formula 1 (he was previously in charge of engine development for Renault during its title-winning seasons of 2005 and 2006) and beginning his own start-up business Flybrid which (now PUNCH Flybrid) is a world leader in hybrid flywheel technology.
Jon’s presentation will also cover current and future projects – his Lunaz Design business recently located to new commercial premises at Silverstone Park inside which it is re-engineering/converting luxury classic cars with electric vehicle technology.
In summary, topics during his presentation are set to include:
• How a background in motor racing has proved useful in the automotive and engineering world
• The process of buying and selling engineering companies
• Building value in a company
• Important lessons learnt along the way
The Silverstone Park Network has been set up to support high-tech networking between representatives from companies involved in advanced engineering, electronics and software development within the Silverstone Technology Cluster.
Details for the above event are as follows:
• Time: 17:30-19:30
• Date: Monday 7 October 2019
• Venue: Silverstone Park Innovation Centre
• 17:30 Refreshments and networking
• 18:00 Welcome and introductions
• 18:15 Jon Hilton, Lunaz Design
• 19:00 Networking and equipment demonstrations
• 19:30 Close
MEPC, Silverstone Technology Cluster and Hexagon Manufacturing Intelligence will also be available at the event to discuss opportunities and specialist facilities.
As space is limited, tickets will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please email email@example.com or call 01327 856000 asap to reserve places.