08 May 2019
The Silverstone Technology Cluster (STC) has confirmed a change of venue for its Annual Conference on Tuesday 21 May after being overwhelmed by demand for tickets to the event from the high tech business community.
The Conference will now go ahead at the De Vere Horwood Estate, Horwood House, Little Horwood near Milton Keynes (MK17 0PH).
This will enable those on the initial reserve list to be accommodated. It also means additional places have now become available.
CLICK HERE to book tickets or email Jackie@silverstonetechnologycluster.com urgently.
CLICK HERE for directions. The event starts at 08:30.
Robert Jenrick MP, Exchequer Secretary to HM Treasury, will be among the headline speakers at the event which will showcase the Silverstone Technology Cluster as a premier global location for high tech activity, innovation and productivity.
Significantly the STC is exploring working with neighbouring cluster organisations, to help map out future growth of the government’s Cambridge-Oxford Arc or ‘super cluster’.
STC CEO Pim van Baarsen enthused: “The demand for tickets has been extraordinary and we really were left with no option but to look for an alternative venue – even after we had already moved it to a bigger venue from 2018.
“This demand is further proof that the STC message is really getting out there – that we are a professional organisation serving our members by giving them expert support which in turn is enabling them to network and discover new business opportunities.
“Indeed our membership continues to grow at a higher rate than we anticipated. As well, the calibre of speakers at next week’s Conference is of the highest standard and adds further value for our members.
“Out of 2018’s Conference we had a number of member companies begin meaningful dialogue with Heathrow about becoming involved in several projects at the airport – 12 months on we look forward to seeing what comes out of our 2019 Conference.”
The 2019 STC’s Annual Conference speaker line-up currently reads:
• Robert Jenrick MP, Exchequer Secretary to HM Treasury
• Dr Bradley Pietras, ex-Vice President, Technology, Lockheed Martin
• Peter Horrocks CBE, Chair, SEMLEP (formerly Vice Chancellor of The Open University)
• Prof Shai Vyakarnam, Educator Mentor Entrepreneur, Cranfield University
• Paul North, MD, Illuminis
• Julia Muir, Founder, UK Automotive 30% Club
• Teresa Smith, Innovator Advisor, Medilink East Midlands
• James Reeves, MD, voxeljet
• Chris Harley, Technical Business Development Manager, Wirth Research
• Alessandro Picarelli, Engineering Director, Claytex
• Roger Peacock, Business Development Manager, Velocity IT
• Delwyn Evans, Senior Principal Scientist, P2i
• Ron Hartvelt, MD, One Group Engineering
• Andrew Everett, Director, Dual-Use Technology, Axillium
• Roz Bird, Chair & Pim van Baarsen, CEO, Silverstone Technology Cluster
CLICK HERE for more information on each of the above presentations.